Photos, videos, and illustrations will add a lot to your professional appearance and will better engage visitors. Images are also certain to increase responses from newsletters and blogs. It is recommended you hire a photographer or take your own photos and videos whenever possible, but you can also find professional images from stock libraries. Here are some stock image resources we recommend:
- Dollar Photo Club (Most affordable)– Images for $1. $10 minimum.
- Bigstock – IncludeSlightly larger selection over Dollar Photo Club, but a lot of the same photos. Image for $1. $35 minimum. If you only need 1 image, they offer a $1/month trial.
- Shutterstock – Too close for comparison, but if you don’t find what you’re looking for on Dollar Photo Club or Bigstock, Shutterstock has a larger selection for a higher cost per photo. Highest Price: 2 Images for $29.
- iStockPhoto (Recommended) – Best balance of quality and price. Pay-per-image or subscribe.
- Getty Images (Best Quality) – More expensive, but you’ll find the highest quality and least widely used images available. Pay-per-image only.
Dollar Photo Club
- 5 per day
- 250 per month
Sizes: Images are generally priced based on size and quality. For web sites, you won’t need more than a small or medium sized file. Most web images are between 150 pixels and rarely over 800 pixels.
Video: Don’t expect to find much for video footage, stock videos of people exercising seem to lack any understanding of fitness.